Are you long overdue for a family vacation? If you can’t remember the last time you were able to escape, it’s time to start planning your next vacation. You work hard, so you deserve a little fun from time to time. Even if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on a luxurious vacation, you can probably drum up enough cash to spend a few days away from home and the office. If you’re thinking about a trip out west, there are several places to visit in California if you want to unwind and rejuvenate.
Here are nine of the best places to visit in California.
Palm Springs, California
If you’re looking to escape the cold temperatures and head west, Palm Springs, California enjoys 350 days of sunshine every year. Even in the dead of winter, you’ll enjoy temperatures in the 60s, giving you ample opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities, such as hitting the golf courses or going to a music festival.
Santa Barbara, California
Located just 90 miles north of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, California offers miles of beautiful coastline, amazing California architecture and an atmosphere that forces you to relax and let go of your stresses.
Sequoia National Park
If you’ve never had the pleasure of being up close and personal with a Sequoia tree, then you’ve got to plan a visit to California’s Sequoia National Park. You don’t have to be an outdoorsy person to appreciate the scenery. This is one of many top places to visit in California. You can plan a day trip or stay overnight at a nearby campground.
Other Places to Visit in California
- Napa Valley, California. If you’re already planning a trip to San Francisco, drive a little further and soak in the peacefulness of Napa Valley. It’s one of the best destinations for wine lovers, and there’s plenty of comfortable accommodations from cozy bed and breakfasts to private boutique hotels. Relax at a spa or enjoy a new activity like a hot air balloon ride.
- San Diego, California. Between its beaches, zoo and chilled atmosphere, San Diego is one of the best places to visit in California whether you’re traveling alone, with your family or with friends. Located just north of the Mexican border, bring your passport and hop down to Mexico for a few hours or plan a day trip to Sea World.
- Death Valley, California. Have you always been intrigued with the desert? If so, a trip to the Mojave Desert should be on your bucket list — especially if you’re visiting California. There are outdoor activities, historic sites, and you can even tour a ghost town.
- Los Angeles, California. Located in Southern California, Los Angeles is another top place to visit in California. There’s no better place to go if you’re starstruck and want to increase your chances of rubbing elbows with a celebrity. Drive through posh Beverly Hills, or spend a day at Disneyland or Universal Studios Hollywood.
- Yosemite National Park. Sequoia National Park isn’t the only place you can find huge Sequoia trees. Yosemite National Park also offers breathtaking sequoias, in addition to 800 miles of hiking trails, amazing waterfalls, a museum and beautiful mountain views.
- San Francisco, California. San Francisco is home to Lombard Street, the painted ladies, and it’s also known for its Chinatown and Fisherman’s Wharf. Before you leave, make sure to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and tour Alcatraz Island.